Y3W


I don't have the energy to make this week's post fancy. In a whirlwind sort of way, I'm going to be heading back to work full time on Monday. I interviewed last Tuesday, got a call this Wednesday, and start next Monday. Fortunately, I already had a spot reserved for Caleb at a daycare that we both really like, but that doesn't make it easy. As soon as I got the call my thoughts turned to how much I'd be missing Caleb. I had to think about buying a house and adding another child to our family - things I'm working for - to cheer myself up.

Since Andrew's accident last week we've only had use of one car. Yesterday I was the one without a car, so today was the only day that I could take Caleb to prepare at daycare before he has to be there full time on Monday. I spent the morning there with him, and then headed out after their lunch so he could practice napping there. He cried when I told him I was leaving, but when I put him down on the ground after giving him a hug, he ran right over to the toys and played with the other kids. I stood at the door watching him for a minute and didn't see any tears, so I really hope that the rest of the afternoon went well. I'll pick him up shortly after his naptime is over. I'm looking forward to a weekend of snuggling with my little man. Next week will be rough for us all :(

Don't forget to join in on this week's Y3W Blog Hop over on Jenni's blog.


2 comments:

Erin said...

Good luck Becki and family! I'm glad you found something but I understand that it's bittersweet.

Lesli said...

Congrats on the new job, Becki! I'm sure it will be very difficult that first week but at least the holidays will help cheer you up!!! : )