Y3W

Somehow I Survived...

I survived my first week of working full time since before Caleb was born. It was a loooooooonnnnnggggg week.

This was supposed to be my weekend update post. I started on Sunday night and all I got done was uploading pictures. Then Monday morning I started full time work again...
and I woke up with a sore throat...
and there was two inches of snow on the ground and it was still falling...
and after work it was laundry night {Did I mention I can't wait to be able to do laundry whenever I feel like it it is convenient?}
and then on Tuesday morning I felt worse, but still went to work...
and it was still snowing...
another inch or so was on the ground...
then on Wednesday morning it stopped snowing...
but I felt even worse and when I opened my mouth to talk only a soft barking sound came out, but I still went to work...
and I've pretty much been exhausted ever since. So forgive me for not talking about our weekend until Wednesday Thursday Friday.

Last Saturday was a rough day for Caleb. We had planned to drive south to check out the PA Trolley museum, but Caleb just wasn't behaving. He wakes up at 6, and by 9am he had already lost all TV privileges, we had taken all his trains away, and he lost the privilege of going to the trolley museum. It was a gorgeous day with temps in the 40s after days of being in the 20s, and we spent the entire day inside. Now before you go thinking that Caleb had nothing to do, I basically just switched up our Saturday plans for our Sunday plans. We baked cookies instead.



He was a great helper, and of course a great taste tester.

Sunday was forecasted to be a bad day weatherwise which is why we had planned to go to the trolley museum on Saturday, but the switch ended up working out in our favor. The weather Sunday morning was cold and rainy, but that meant that the trolley museum and Santa trolley ride were not crowded at all. We heard that it had been jam packed on Saturday, so we were very glad to have not been there. I guess everything happens for a reason.

The Santa trolley was decorated very festive, and it was warm and toasty on the trolley.


We sang Christmas songs and Santa boarded the trolley. When he boarded, Caleb got super excited and started pointing and yelling, "There he is! There's Santa!" But then Santa came toward him, and he quickly turned away and pressed his head into Daddy's shoulder.


After the trolley ride, we took another trolley ride to the "South Pole"


Then we headed inside for some cookies and hot chocolate and then to view the model train display {aka Caleb's Favorite Part}.



So there you have it, a full recap of the last week. What's going on this weekend? As much as I'd love to say nothing, with Christmas just one week away there's a lot to be done. I'm way behind on finishing a quilt for Caleb, I have a few other presents to buy, mostly done wrapping but I still have a few more things, and then there's grocery shopping for the week ahead and starting to get things in order for holiday travel. Fortunately it's a short week with a long break to follow. My plan is to take everything day by day from now until next Thursday.

No comments: