24 Month Well Visit

This afternoon we had Caleb's 24 month well visit. The first at our new doctor's office, and I have to say that I really liked our new doc. He spent quite a bit of time with us getting to know Caleb before doing his exam and talking with me afterward to make sure he had answered all of my questions. Caleb is right on track with all of his milestones, no surprise there. This kid thinks he's about 5 years old when we're at the playground and started using two word sentences almost 6 months ago. I also made sure to check with the doc about a small, pea sized lump that I noticed on his neck about a month ago. Doc says that it's nothing to worry about, but keep an eye on it for any growth. Probably just a lymph node. There hasn't been any change in size in the last month, so we'll just make sure to check it every now and then. Here are the stats from the appointment:

Vaccine: 1 routine shot, and 1 flu mist up the nose. Flu mist was first, and it was not easy holding his head still while the nurse shot that thing up his nose. Not too bad though. Next came the shot, and for the 1st time I felt HORRIBLE when he got it. Usually I am able to detach myself from the crying by telling myself that vaccines are good for him. This time I felt awful as I held down his arms while he got the shot because I knew that he just couldn't possibly understand why mommy would do that to him. He screamed and cried for a few minutes, but calmed down pretty quickly.

One more stick came when he got a finger prick to check hemoglobin levels and test for lead. Hemoglobin was great, and we'll know about the lead tomorrow morning but I suspect that it'll be just fine.

Weight: 28lbs, 10oz (50th percentile)

Height: 35.75" (75th percentile)

The doc said he has a great ratio of height and weight, and to keep putting good food in front of him.

So that's pretty much it. A successful trip to the doc for our 2 year well visit. Next well visit will be in 6 months, but I'm sure we'll be there sooner with cold and flu season in the northeast.

No comments: