Potty Training - Update

FAIL! The day after my last potty training post my sister came to visit. After nap, C woke up dry and the three of us sat in the bathroom again watching Caleb do the naked pee dance. Finally he got really upset and started asking for a diaper completely refusing to even sit on either the big potty or his little potty. So I gave up, and decided to wait a while.

Then we went to visit my parents this weekend and my aunt got Caleb some A-freaking-dorable toddler sized boxer briefs. When we got back home, I just HAD to try them on him to see how cute they looked. So we had some boxer brief time during playtime yesterday afternoon.

I decided I would just watch him like a hawk and put him on the potty at the first sign of pee. We even brought his little potty into the living room. I had to go into the kitchen for a minute, and C came running in there telling me he had to go pee. SWEET!

I sat him on the potty in the living room and he said he wanted to go to the bathroom, so off we went for the naked potty dance. He did sit on the potty (progress from before), but he refused to go, so we put the boxer briefs back on and I told him if he needed to go pee he had to tell me. Next thing I know, he runs to the kitchen (I'm in the living room). He starts crying and when I go to the kitchen I see tiny, wet footprints all over the kitchen. Yep, he peed in his undies, and he didn't like it! Since we only have 2 pairs of the undies, and since daddy was almost home from work and it was just about dinner time, we went back to a diaper.

The good news is that he'll sit on the potty now, he can hold it VERY well, and he knows exactly when he needs to go. The bad news is that he won't go on the potty. So I think that a trip to the store for more undies, lots of cleaning up accidents, and more naked/boxer brief time is in our near future.

1 comment:

Karina said...

I have a copy of the 3 day potty training if you want it. I haven't tried it but sounds good. Text me ...