On Friday before their lunch, they have a Shabbat Blessing Over Candles {complete with little electric tea lights}. One of his teachers is Jewish, and she says the prayer that accompanies this ceremony. The other day I heard Caleb mumbling followed by "Aaaaaaa...men!" The words leading up to the big "Aaaaaaa...men" did not sound like the prayer we say at mealtime, so I wasn't sure what he was doing. Later that day while we were sitting down for dinner I heard the "mumbling" again, but this time I was able to pull out some of the Hebrew words that I remember from my Lutheran Catechism classes {like Adonai}. Darn if that kid wasn't saying the Shabbat prayer. He even repeated it for us.
So there it is, my 28 month old has learned a second language in just a few days. Yes, a few days. They only do this prayer on Fridays and he's missed a few Fridays since he started there a month ago. I gotta get this kid into language classes for a useful language {like Spanish or Chineese} ASAP!
No comments:
Post a Comment