Trick-or-Treat

The weekend started off with a visit from Memaw and Pappy, and we spend Saturday morning at the zoo. Caleb was so excited to show them our zoo, that he ran through the entire zoo.





We didn't even bother to bring the stroller, so this little guy was EXHAUSTED by the time we got home.


After nap we carved our second pumpkin using a stencil. Looks pretty good, right?


On to Sunday, what we'd all been waiting for, Trick-or-Treat. My little giraffe got dressed in his costume for the second time {the first was a few days earlier when I took him TOTing at the mall, which he loved, and which is where he learned all about how TOT means that you get candy}, and we walked through to the development adjacent to our apartment complex.


I couldn't get a shot of him that wasn't blurry because he was running along saying, "I go trick-or-treat!"


Here he is at his first house. He was such a great little boy saying, "Trick-or-treat," "Thank You!" and "Happy Halloween!"


Took the loot in his hand, and put it right into the treat bag.


A few more houses...did I mention that the people here give out WHOLE candy bars! My 2 year old was loaded down after just a few houses. He had to transfer candy to another bag so he could continue carrying his without dragging it on the ground.



I guess I'm a mean mom because I've seen all kinds of pictures on Facebook of toddlers sitting in front of a huge stash of candy on the floor. We did not do this. Caleb knew when he got home it was time for bath and bed, but we promised him a lollipop while he took a bath. We attempted to catch a picture of him sticking out his blue tongue post-lollipop and post-bath, but this was the best we could do.


If someone had told me a a week ago that my little guy would get THIS into Halloween, I would have thought they were nuts. He was so excited to get dressed in his costume, and once he learned what TOT meant, he couldn't wait to do it again. Now I just have to hope that he doesn't think he's going to dress up and get candy everytime we go for a walk in that neighborhood. Oh, and the rest of his candy stash has been hidden away and may reappear periodically in the form of a reward or bribe. So far, he hasn't asked about it, and I'm hoping it stays that way.

No comments: