Return to "Normal"

Whatever "normal" means! Today normal means that we have power once again. Since we were out of town, I have no idea when it came back. But I do know that our fridge was fairly cold by the time we got back mid-afternoon yesterday. It is so nice to have everything up and running again.

Hoping not to jinx things, but there is some other good news around here. First, we are under contract with our house in AZ that we are trying to sell. Appraisal should be this week and hopefully once we're through that HUGE hurdle, the next month will go smoothly until the scheduled closing date.

Second, once I was able to check my email this weekend, I discovered two requests for job interviews for me. I've been applying to jobs like crazy for the last few weeks, so this was a welcome sight in my inbox. As much as I would love to stay home with Caleb at least part time, that's just not a financial reality for us right now. It breaks my heart to think about having to leave him for 40 hours a week plus travel time, but I know that it'll be good for him to be around some other kids his age. I love my little munchkin to death, and I hate to think about missing out on this special time in his life. So, I guess this bit of news definitely has two sides.

This week should be pretty busy, but I'm going to try to update at some point with all the details from a full week of birthday celebrations just for Caleb. Let's just say he's gotten a little spoiled, and it is a good thing that there are 3 months 'til Christmas!

No comments: