I'm Gonna Miss This

A few nights ago, my father-in-law had us over for his famous {in our family anyway} Italian meal. He made extras so that we'd have plenty of leftovers to enjoy over the next three weeks while he was out of town. I swear I could eat this meal several times each week. It is so delicious! Caleb loves it too. After dinner, I looked over and saw this face...

...covered in pasta sauce, and oh so happy! How can you not be happy when you see that face? I immediately considered taking a picture, but I've taken a picture of the "messy face" so many times. Why did I need another one? Then it dawned on me. Soon, Caleb will be able to eat without getting food all over his face, hands, hair, pants...the floor. As annoying as it is to clean the floor every night, I know I'm Gonna Miss This. I'm not always going to be able to see this little face smeared with pasta sauce and strawberry juice. Then I realized that I need to take as many pictures of this {and every other seemingly insignificant event} as possible while I still can because I know these days are numbered. It won't be like this for long.

No comments: