29 and Holding

When asked her age, my grandmother {Memaw the First} used to say, "29 and holding." Today I'm celebrating my very first 29th birthday. In honor of my Memaw, I plan to be "29 and holding" for as long as I can get away with it. I really think that it's a good philosophy that reminds us no matter how old we get, what is important is how you feel - not the number on the calendar.

Andrew asked me for about a month what I wanted for my birthday, and I finally told him on Sunday that I wanted a Cricut machine to help me with cutting fabric for all my projects. I just hadn't verified that it could cut fabric until...well, Sunday. I can't wait for it to arrive in the mail, so I can start some new projects.

Inspired by my friend, Erin, I have decided to do a giveaway for my birthday. Leave a comment by Friday, April 16th telling me which one of the following projects you'd be interested in, and I'll randomly select a winner on Saturday, the 17th.

1) Appliqued tee shirts/onesie. Below are a few examples, but if you win you can pick a design of your choice {provided it isn't too complex}.




I'm also planning to do a "Smart" or "Tough" cookie shirt with a picture of a cookie.

When I get time, I'm going to be working on Periodic Table inspired shirts. For example:

Some other options include "CuTe," "BRaInY," "AsU," or some other combination of periodic table abbreviations.


2) Pillowcase dress - again, below are two examples. If you pick this, please let me know your favorite color combination.


3) Project of your choice. I'm not a whiz at this by any means, but I do like trying new things. If I don't think I'll be able to do it, we'll try something else.

Here are all my crafting posts.

6 comments:

cortneytalbott said...

Great idea Becki. Pick me, pick me! Would love a shirt for my E!

Happy bday. I guess I'm 29 and holding too!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday! I love giveaways! I'd love appliqued onesies for my little ones or a shirt for Charlotte if 2 is too much work. They are so cute!!!

Lesli said...

Oh I love your work!!! I'd love some type of hockey related t-shirt for Keaton. : ) Even if you don't pick me, I will pay you for one!

Happy Birthday!! I'm 29 and holding as well.

Karina said...

Happy birthday Becki!!!

I already have 2 awesome shirts made for you so now I would love a pillow case dress for Gracie!

:)

Unknown said...

Ooh how fun! You are a generous birthday girl. :) I'd love an appliqued t for Evie!

Anonymous said...

I would love a pillow case dress:) Happy Birthday!
-Vicky