Life is Amazing

Maybe it's the beautiful weather we're having. Maybe it's the fact that I feel so completely refreshed after a week off of work. Maybe it is because we're getting to spend so much time together as a family of three. Maybe it is because Caleb is at such an incredibly fun age right now. I honestly don't care what the reason, I have to say that I'm absolutely loving life right now. I've always been one who plans years in advance. I have to know what is going on. Right now, I can't see more than a few days ahead. I would have never thought that I'd be this happy with such an uncertain future. I'm living in the moment and for the moment, and I'm wondering why it took me so long to realize how wonderful it is. I find myself every now and then just sitting quietly while Caleb plays, and I'm trying with all my might to just take everything in. I love watching him turn the pages of a book and point to things. I love seeing his chubby little {or not so little} feet carry him around the house as he runs away from me in a game of tag. I love hearing him laugh and seeing all of his facial expressions. I love watching him soak up the world around him as he learns and grows every day. I don't want this age to go away. I want to freeze time and make memories of every little thing that happens.

This was taken by Cortney a few weeks ago when we went out with my mommy group.

Last week while I was off for spring break Caleb and I went for a ton of walks outside while Andrew studied for his LEED exam. Caleb LOVED our little nature walks. I love to see how fascinated he is with every little thing around him - rocks, grass, dirt, dog poop - it's amazing.



Something about grass is apparently hilarious!


Here's Caleb getting comfy while watching his signing video before bath one night.


I know I said I was going to write all about our fun spring break times, but the truth is that we didn't really do anything out of the ordinary. We took walks around the neighborhood, played in a bucket of water on the patio, went to the park, and got to visit with our friends a few times. I took a bunch of pictures and videos with my cell phone because that's what I had with me when life was happening. I gave myself permission at the beginning of the week to not do any work and most importantly to not feel guilty about it. So I was free to just completely enjoy the time with my little man. And enjoy it we did.


On Sunday right before I had to go back to work, Caleb took a 4.5 hour nap which allowed me to get work prepared for the week so I could go back on Monday without feeling stressed. {I regretted the long nap later when we tried putting him to bed for the night. Lesson learned, will never do that again.} I couldn't have asked for a better 9 days with just me, Andrew, and Caleb. Another week down, and now we're looking at only 6 more weeks of school after which I'm planning to spend the whole summer with Caleb. What could be better than that?

1 comment:

Erin said...

I am feeling exactly the same thing right now. I was watching Charlotte run around the yard today giggling in her cute little dress with her cute little run with the perfect weather and the sun shining on her hair and I just wanted to remember it forever. Such a well written post! Thanks for the note at the bottom. I was totally coveting your fonts... I'll have to check it out soon!