Caleb couldn't resist taking a roll.
Close up of the appliqued letters
I also decided that Caleb needed some shirts for the ASU game. With Andrew being out of work, I couldn't see spending the $ on the "officially licensed" ones I could find at the bookstore or Target especially since he'd likely grow out of them by the end of the season. So I bought some plain gold tee shirts for $2.50 each and used the scraps from the blanket project to make a shirt. Of course, I couldn't get a good shot of the shirt with Caleb wearing it. These are the best I could do.

I plan to make a few others ASU shirts, but haven't worked out the designs yet. I also have some other projects in the works, so stay tuned for that.
4 comments:
Wow, Becki...those are awesome! You are very talented!!!! It looks like you could start a fun side job?!?! : )
Ha! Thanks for the compliments. As much as I'd love to do this as a side job, I'd have to charge and arm and a leg to make it worthwhile since it took me forever. If I decided to do that I think I'd have to invest in a Cricut for help with cutting the letters.
Good job! I'm impressed! I've never done applique before and I want to learn how for a baby project I have in my brain. I was trying to read how to do it online but an in person demonstration is always better. We really should plan a day to get together and sew... although the kids would be a little nuts! I'm sorry to hear about Andrew's job. I'm sure that has been stressful. I'm thinking about you and hope you are doing okay!
Thanks so much for your kind words, Erin. I'd love to teach you to applique, although I don't really know exactly what I'm doing myself. I'm kinda winging it! I had been wanting to contact you because I really want to make another diaper/wipes case thing. I bought the first one, but after seeing what you did I know I can make it cheaper. So, hopefully we can work out a sewing day soon!
Post a Comment