Another Delicious Meal

We've been really into making soups lately. It's great because I can make a large batch on the weekend and then we'll have leftovers for lunches (here I go again) for a few days during the week. Earlier this week I made a this recipe for Italian Chicken and Vegetable Soup. I started it out on the stove to brown up the chicken and cook the veggies a bit, and then I transferred it to the crock pot since I was headed to work. We had to doctor it up a bit just before serving as it was a little light on seasoning, but ultimately it tasted great! We added salt, black pepper, and Italian seasonings (basil, oregano, red pepper flake). Next time I think I'd season the chicken and veggies at the start and then I'd add garlic before adding the tomatoes and stock. This is definitely a recipe that we'll be adding to our soup rotation.

No comments: