Lots to Say, No Time to Say It

First things first. This week was my first week of actual work. I started my job teaching three HUGE lectures of introductory courses in my discipline. This means that I basically have 750 babies freshmen depending on me daily. By Tuesday, I was so exhausted and overwhelmed that I thought I might have to quit the job. I didn't see how it was possible for me to get through the entire semester. But starting on Wednesday, things were looking up. Still the week seemed to drag on and on (thanks to an overwhelming number of whine-y emails from students asking questions like, "Can I write in my textbook."), and I thought I was losing my mind when I mangaged to misplace my keys for a second time in as many days. Thank GOD for the amazing administrative assistants who have helped me to keep my head screwed on tight. I might just make it to December.

Fortunately, I had something wonderful to look forward to this weekend. Of course, I always look forward to spending the weekend with my two favorite men, but this weekend we had scheduled to have some family pictures taken. This was the first time that we had professional pictures taken of Caleb and our family of three. Well, there was that time when Uncle Matt took some, so maybe I should say this is the first time that we'll be paying for pictures. Darn, I wish we lived closer to Uncle Matt!! Anyway, I was very excited to have the fabulous Laura Winslow snap some shots of Caleb to commemorate his upcoming birthday and where our family is right now. Despite the insanely HOT weather we had this morning, Laura was able to get some great shots. I thought we'd have to wait a few days to see the teaser pics on her blog, so I was shocked when I took a peek during Caleb's afternoon nap only to discover they were already posted. We can't wait to see the rest of her amazing work. Now comes the tough part...deciding which ones to buy. I WANT THEM ALL!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Very cute! Love the colors. We'll probably get new family pictures taken for Christmas... I just have to talk my husband into it again!