Great Insurance Debocle '09

Last night after Caleb's bath as I was drying his ears he started screaming. He calmed down quickly, but anytime I came near the ear, he started fussing again. So, unfortunately it looks like he may have his first ear infection, and at nearly 11.5 months we'll be making our first non-well visit trip to the doctor.

Of course, this happens to be happening at the exact time we're switching insurances. Andrew's company changed insurances a month ago. Currently, he and Caleb are covered on this. When I started my new job and we found out that the insurance was better and cheaper, we decided to switch the entire family. This insurance will become effective on September 1st (Tuesday), so Andrew cancelled his insurance with his company and that will become ineffective on August 31st (Monday). Now obviously this doesn't mean that we'll have a lapse in coverage, but it does mean that I either need to find the insurance card for Andrew's new insurance OR get my new insurance card in the mail in the next day or two. Absolutely ridiculous! I seriously didn't think that we'd be having to concern ourselves with this since the next time C is schedule to go to the doctor is for his well visit in 3 weeks - well into our new insurance coverage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've had this happen several times over the last few years. Some dr.'s will let you find out the ins. info (#'s) give it to them & just bring in the card when you have it for them to copy. If all else fails, you can take Caleb to the CVS minute clinic...I had to go right before our ins. began....they are fast, efficient, & you can get the prescription right there...and reasonably priced. Good luck! Health insurance is seriously one of the worst things to deal with in life!

cortneytalbott said...

Uhh, poor thing. What a pain insurance is too!

I love the photos on your last post. She did an amazing job. Hopefully some day I can get mine looking like that :)