Happy Father's Day Da-da-da-da-da-da

Well, I don't think that Andrew could have asked for a better Father's Day. It started out EARLY with our 5am wake up call. My parents had arrived in town the day before and as planned, we headed to the zoo on Sunday morning once we were all put together. This time at the zoo we took a different route and visited the children's walk portion. It was a much better experience for Caleb as he was able to see so many more animals up close. They have farm area where we got to see horses, chickens, sheep, cows, roosters, turkeys, peacocks, rabbits, and a whole bunch of other farm type animals. They also have a petting zoo, which I'm sure we'll enjoy visiting when C is a bit older. Unfortunately, no pictures of the zoo because my camera ate them (errr...I accidentally deleted them before saving to the computer).

After the zoo, we spent a relaxing afternoon at home. Just after Caleb ate his dinner, Andrew came walking back into the room and into Caleb's view. Out of nowhere he starts saying "dadadadada." Never before had he made the "da" sound. I'd been claiming for weeks that he's been saying "mama" but no one would admit it until after he said "dada." So now it seems as though Caleb has his first two words down.

Here's the video of Caleb's dada. Andrew is the one with the camera. You can see that when Caleb turns to look at him is when he starts saying the famous words.

3 comments:

Erin said...

How fun he started saying dada on father's day. I couldn't hear the video but it was so cute watching his facial expressions. I don't know how to fix it.

Lesli said...

Yeah, I can't hear it either but it is so cute to see him saying it. He is too cute for words.

cortneytalbott said...

No sound for me either but I'll take your word for it. Go Caleb!