Go DEVILS!

For the third year in a row, we are season ticket holders to ASU baseball games. Andrew and I have thoroughly enjoyed the past two seasons, and were incredibly excited to introduce Caleb to the tradition. Friday night, we had a date night for the season opener, but today we broght Caleb to his first game outside of the womb. After a nap and lunch, we got decked out in our Sun Devil gear, and Caleb and I met daddy at the game about an inning and a half late. Caleb made it through the entire game without a complaint, and was somehow able to take a short nap before Daddy woke him celebrating a grand slam.

All the "regulars" (other season ticket holders) were excited to meet him as they had learned of my pregnancy last year. And, Caleb did not disappoint. He was such a ham flirting with Phyllis, the older, widowed woman who sits in our section. He also became acquainted with a Cubs scout who was sitting in the row behind us. Unfortunately, the scout didn't notice his amazing arm and skillz at the plate, but rather was very taken by Caleb's beautiful eyes. Ah, well, we'll keep working toward that big baseball contract and signing bonus. If that doesn't work out, maybe those big eyes will get him a modeling contract.

Even though we lost about 90% of our team to last year's draft, the team looks great so far this year thanks to Coach Murphy's uncanny ability to pick up the best junior college transfers year after year. So what if they'll be draft eligible at the end of the season! Next year we'll have another new crop of 'em coming in. Looks like we may be in for another run at the College World Series. Other things I'm looking forward to this season:

  1. Not being pregnant! As much as I enjoyed pregnancy, sitting out in 100 degree heat is never enjoyable, especially when you're growing another human being.

  2. Related to #1...eating HOT DOGS and drinking soda. I cut these out while I was pregnant, and it was torturous having to watch a baseball game without these staples, not to mention I still had to smell grilled hot dogs as I sat there.

  3. More great pictures like these:

No comments: