
Colored lights on your Christmas tree or white lights on your Christmas tree? I'm talking about the tree inside your house here.
Andrew and I may just get a divorce over this one. Of course, I'm kidding, but we do strongly disagree about this. I'm of the opinion that for the tree inside your house, you need colored lights. Something about white lights on that tree just seems so cold and non-festive. I want my Christmas tree {and my house} to be warm and inviting and celebratory at the holidays. {In recent years, I've come to a place where} I'm fine with white lights on trees outside, and I think that neighborhoods decorated entirely in white lights look very pretty. But that's outside. Where it's, you know, supposed to be cold! The white lights kinda look like snow. And snow is, you know, supposed to be outside!
My husband on the other hand thinks that trees should only be decorated with white lights and is turned off by trees with colored lights. So each year we have a little discussion about this: White lights? Or colored lights?
I'm curious to know what you think and whether you and your significant other agree or disagree. Leave a comment here to let me know what your thoughts on the great debate, and I'll enter you in a drawing to win something from my shop or a pair of those cute shoes I just posted about. Drawing will take place on Monday via Random.org and results will be posted here.
And don't forget to join in on this week's Y3W Blog Hop over on Jenni's blog.
3 comments:
When my husband and I were still engaged, we had this same debate. He won--colored lights! Now I love them and I even got some big retro ones for this year's tree. The kids like them better than white, too!
Firstly, OMG those shoes? Almost make me want to try for girl.
As for the tree, we always had colored growing up. I don't think I've ever seen a tree with just white lights...seems weird to me and not super festive.
Haha...I always grew up with white lights on the tree but this is the first year that I did colored. Keaton was my reason to do the colored lights...I thought he would like them better. This is also the first year that we did colored lights outside. I'd say if you have kids, go colored!!!!
Post a Comment