
It was a nice surprise since when I checked the latest weather report before heading to bed last night the snow wasn't supposed to start until this afternoon/evening. This could end up being my "Winter" picture even though it was taken with my cell phone, but given the forecast for the next 5 days...

I kinda doubt that I won't have at least one more opportunity to get out there and snap a good snow shot.
So what do you do with yourself on the first snow day of the year when you haven't had a snow day in eight years?
1) You get a call from your hubby about 1/2 hour after he leaves for work to find out that he's been in a fender bender. Rear ended by someone not paying attention {fairly certain that it had nothing to do with the weather}, but fortunately he's just fine and the car is drivable, but in need of some repairs. The other driver's insurance company claimed responsibility, so we can breathe a sigh of relief there.
2) You head to the grocery store because you have NO FOOD in your house. But first you have to drag your kicking, screaming toddler out the door because all he wants to do is stand at the window and watch the snow fall.
3) You come home and lay down with the toddler in front of the sliding glass door so you can just stare out the window together and watch the flakes kiss the ground. Then you watch as he runs around the living room with an excited smile.

4) You make grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch. Much better than last year when we had to fake it.
5) Nap time for the toddler is the perfect time to get to work on checking some things off the holiday "to do" list. Christmas cards are FINISHED! Now I just have to tackle the mountain of sewing projects I've decided to take on before the 25th! Oh, and wrap a million presents, and clean my house in preparation for Andrew's parents to come this weekend.
6) Relax and enjoy a quiet evening in with my boys. I'm pretty sure there will be some hot chocolate and snuggling under blankets on the couch while we watch Christmas movies tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment