November Thanksgivings - D22
Labels:
Thanksgivings
Oops...forgot to post this yesterday. Today Yesterday Everyday (really) I'm thankful for teachers. Of course, I come from a family of teachers (mom, sister, cousin), so I'm especially thankful for them and the work that they do. But I'm also thankful for all the people who decide to go into teaching not for the summers off or for the nice hours {Soapbox rant: Anyone who has ever taught will know that that is an illusion since the planning and preparation it takes to teach your 7 hours a day takes at least as long as the day itself.}, but instead because they love their subject matter, they love kids, and they want to make a difference in the world. Kids know which teachers are there for the right reasons. We all have at least one teacher who has made a significant impact on our lives by going above and beyond the tasks outlined in the job description. To all the teachers and former teachers out there, thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment