
November Thanksgivings - D13
Labels:
Thanksgivings
Today I am thankful for my mother-in-law and father-in-law. For seven years I lived 3000 miles from my family, but right down the street from them. Andrew and I were only married for four of those years, but even before that they welcomed me into their family and treated me as their own daughter. While I missed having my own mother and father around for holidays and special events, I was comforted to know that my other mom and dad would be there. When I injured my knee in the months before Andrew and I were engaged, they came with us to the hospital and stayed through the hours of my emergency room stay. When I defended my dissertation, they were there. When I missed home for Thanksgiving, my MIL called my mom to find out what special dish would make me feel like I was home. When Caleb was born, they watched him nearly every day for the first 11 months of his life so that I could finish school. I couldn't have asked for better people to be my in-laws, and I'm proud to call them mom and dad.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment