We took a {much better} hayride out to an actual pumpkin patch where pumpkins were growing on the vine. For the cost of the hayride plus $2.75 we were able to pick a pumpkin straight from the fields. The fields were huge, and even though we're only a week away from Halloween, there were still TONS of great pumpkins out there. Included in the cost we were also able to go through a GIANT corn maze {which we didn't get to do because it was too late in the day and we had to get home for dinner}, a 100ft slide, a kid-sized hay maze, and a smaller slide. We were also able to each take an apple and have a cider sample as well as picking an ear of Indian Corn.
Caleb had a blast {as you can see}, and we came home with another pumpkin hand-selected by Caleb and pulled straight off the vine. We don't usually venture out in the afternoons, but I'm so glad that we decided to go even if it was only for a short time. I have wonderful memories of our time out there, and I'd like to think that Caleb does too. As we turned onto our street returning from the farm, Caleb said from the backseat, "I have fun with Mommy!" I couldn't have asked for more!

We picked up some apples while were were at the farm. You can pick you're own, but we just bought them from the farm market stand. Caleb had been really wanting to get his hands on one, so after breakfast I gave him one and broke out the camera as he was hamming it up. The first thing he said when I gave it to him was, "It doesn't have sticker." Yeah, I'm not buying apples at the grocery store anymore. My kid thinks they grow with stickers!

No comments:
Post a Comment