Seasons - Summer

Have I mentioned that I LOVE how green it is here? I didn't even realize that I missed the green until I got back. I didn't even realize how un-green Phoenix is until I visited here and saw how VERY green it is.

But, I also missed fall with it's changing leaves and crisp air. And I also missed winter {a tad} with being able to bundle up in heavy {and oh-so-adorable} winter coats, and crunch around the snow in boots and take Caleb sledding for the first time {Yes, I'm completely ignoring the fact that I'm going to freeze my tail off, and have to shovel snow and dig my car out, and drive up huge hills in a non-4 wheel drive car with ice on the roads. Please allow me to keep my fantasy of a winter wonderland here.}. And I also miss spring with the return of birds, and leaves to the trees, and that smell that I can't even describe, but it is just so "spring."

So, when we first moved here I decided that I was going to take one picture each season for the first {and only} year that we are here in this apartment. We have a beautiful view off our balcony {if you ignore the parking lot below}, so the plan is to step outside {even in the snow} and take a picture to commemorate the seasons in our first year back in the northeast. So here's the first one:

No comments: