Potty Training
Labels:
Milestones
Has unofficially begun. For several months now Caleb has been waking up from nap (most of the time) with a dry diaper. We tried a few times to put him on the potty to see if he would use it, but I don't think that I was patient enough. He always wanted to just hop up right away. Yesterday when he woke up dry, I decided to take his potty seat in the bathroom and close the door. He literally danced around the bathroom naked for a good 5 minutes before he finally sat down and PEED IN THE POTTY! I think he was a little freaked out because he kept trying to get up off the potty as he was going, but we just kept talking and he did great. Today after nap was more of the same. This time I sat him right on the adult toilet with his little seat attached and he did it again (after he requested I put his diaper back on about 3 times. At least I know he was able to hold it during that time instead of just peeing right in the middle of the bathroom floor)! I think it is clear from his reaction to the whole thing that it'll be a while before he's potty trained, but this is certainly a step in the right direction...getting him over his fear of the potty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment