I know I've said it before, but this time I mean it...Caleb is sick for the first time. I thought he was sick before, but then a few hours later he'd be fine. This is different. For the past few days he's been eating a lot less than usual, but I thought that he was just taking on normal toddler eating habits finally (not that I was looking forward to this). Last night he woke up around midnight crying in his sleep. I just went in and rubbed his back and he fell right back to sleep. This morning, he slept in until 9, three hours later than his usual 6am wake up. I heard him crying as he woke up, not typical, so I headed up only to find him still sleeping but crying in his sleep again. He woke up as I stood there over him, and when I picked him up I knew instantly that he was sick. He was soooo hot! I quickly took his temperature to discover that it was 102, and being that this was the first time he was really sick, I called the doctor right away. Of course it turns out that he just has a viral infection so we're just going to be doing lots of fluids and ibuprofen to keep the fever down. It's 1:30 and all he's eaten is a few goldfish crackers. Poor little guy! Hope he's better before our vacation.
Here he is laying in our bed this morning brushing his teeth. I put him in there so I could get dressed, and he didn't move. When I brushed my teeth he demanded to brush his too (as usual), but just layed there with the toothbrush. He looks so sad here :-(

No comments:
Post a Comment