19 {and a half} Months

Well since today is the first day of May, and Caleb turned 19 months old last month, I guess I should finally get around to posting the pictures we took on the 17th and give an update on where Caleb is at now.

Vocabulary: I stopped keeping track of the words after 18 months, but everyday he adds at least a few more to the ever growing total. The most significant development is his use of 2 and 3 word phrases almost all the time now. It is so great to hear him say little sentences.

New skills: Throwing {EVERYTHING}. This is actually incredibly annoying. I'm proud of him for doing so well with throwing, but we obviously don't want him throwing things like the remote control directly at the television...or a board book at mommy's head. Caleb has moved up to the Advanced Snappers class in swimming. He was running circles around the other kids in his old class, so our instructor took it upon herself to just move him into the other class. Been with the other class for 2 weeks now, and it is amazing how quickly he's continuing to pick things up from the more advanced kids. Won't be long before he's able to back float independently.

Milestones: Finally got his last canine, and has been doing a little better with sleeping the past few days. I'm hoping that keeps up now that school is about to let out. I'd love to be able to sleep in a bit!

Eating: Back to eating like a champ. I think he's been going through a growth spurt lately. He's super tall and skinny!

Favorites: Animals of all kinds. Frequent trips to the zoo are in our future. Books of all kinds. He rotates his favorites every few days, which is nice for mommy and daddy who get sick of reading the same book 18908209 times a day.



We bribed him with some ice to get him to sit still. Worked pretty well for about 30 seconds.


No comments: