We've been getting lots of apples in our
Baskets over the past few weeks, and we just can't eat them fast enough. At least not before they start to soften up beyond our liking. I had been wanting to make some applesauce, but kept forgetting about it until I was well into the dinner prep. Finally one night this week I made pork spare ribs, and decided applesause would be the perfect pairing. I found
this recipe and thought it was worth a try since it couldn't possibly be any easier. I didn't even measure anything. Just dropped shakes of brown sugar and cinnamon, and voila! I tasted the baked apples before adding the sugar and cinnamon, and they were yummy just as is, but Andrew insisted that I add the extra ingredients. Even better!
Here are my apples post baking
And post mixing...soooo yummy!
I was so excited to see a huge stash of apples in this week's basket. I can't wait to make the applesauce again! Or maybe I'll give
this recipe a try.
1 comment:
We are loving our homemade applesauce too. I have trouble with the apples cuz I am so picky about my apples. I think I'll try that recipe tomorrow too!!! Thanks Becki.
Post a Comment