1 Year Well Visit

Caleb is...

22 lbs, 6 oz - 50-75 percentile
30.5 inches - 90 percentile (I could have sworn he had grown more than 1 inch in 3 months)

Now saying a few more words including "nan" meaning "light" which resulted from a small miscommunication thanks to all the ceiling fan/light combinations in our house. I only know this means "light" because even regular old table lamps are now "nan." He's also added to the previous list using the words "book," "snack," "hi," "kitty cat," and "banana." I feel like I may be missing one or two, but that's the majority of them. I just can't believe he's picking up about a word a day recently. It is so amazing to watch him just soaking everything up like a sponge.

In other well visit news, Caleb had his first eye exam as they shined some sort of light into his eyes sort of like a retinal scan to look for abnormalities. Everything looked great there. The doctor was also impressed with his walking and climbing skills, and said that everything looks great overall. So now it's on to whole milk, introducing previously "forbidden" foods, and *possibly* turning the car seat around in a few months when C's legs start getting a bit cramped in the rear facing position.

The appointment ended with four shots...3 for Caleb and 1 for momma. I'm technically philosphically opposed to the flu shot, but since I'm in the college environment and C is too young for it this is the second year in a row that I've "taken one for the team" so to speak. Caleb did great with his 3 shots (Chicken pox, MMR, and Hep A)...only a little screaming before he settled down nicely.

Next well visit just before Christmas at 15 months!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so funny that 1/4 of an inch makes such a huge percentile difference (Noah was 30.25-50%)! Noah needs to be hanging around Caleb, so he can start saying more on a regular basis other than bye & just pointing!