Mother's Day Weekend Recap

Two days later since I'm busy with my last two days of work and cleaning the house in preparation for the visit from my family.

What a fantastic weekend! It started Friday night with a return to ASU baseball after a two week hiatus because the team was travelling. The game was especially enjoyable for me because the last time we were there I was stressing about the dissertation. This time I just got to sit and enjoy Caleb and watch the game. We arrived pretty early this time so Andrew and I could grab some dinner at the game and so that we could feed Caleb his dinner before the first pitch. It was nice to have a bit of quiet time outside in the shade. Despite being a hot day (over 100) the evening ended up being quite nice. For those who don't know, the stadium sits right in the flight path for the Phoenix airport, and Caleb has now discovered airplanes! He was completely mezmorized by them following the plane all the way across the sky. I can just imagine that his first word will be "airpane." I snapped a few pictures prior to the start of the game.




Saturday Caleb let us sleep in a bit longer than usual. After some playtime and a nap, we headed out to get Mother's Day gifts for Memaw and GranB (more to come later this week). Caleb's nap times were spent either cleaning the house or getting caught up on The West Wing. We were given the complete series for Christmas and have been slowly making our way through the episodes. Now that I have free time, we're going a lot faster. I feel like I finally have time to spend with Andrew, whereas before I was working anytime that Caleb was napping. Andrew and I almost never saw each other!

Speaking of spending alone time together, as a graduation present Andrew's parents had given me a gift certificate to the most amazing restaurant! Saturday night we went to dinner at Kai while Caleb stayed overnight with GranB and Pop Pop. We had an amazing two and a half hour dinner experience. It was nice to be able to go out and have a glass of wine and talk with Andrew about life not involving Caleb, but we definitely missed waking up to his voice on the monitor in the morning!

Sunday we were up early to get showered and dressed before getting the call to pick Caleb up from the Andrew's parent's house. I didn't want to be without him for too long on my very first Mother's Day! Most of the day consisted of the usual playtime and naptime, but we also spent the afternoon with GranB and Pop Pop where we had a wonderful lunch of crab legs prepared by Pop Pop.

Sunday evening I received the best Mother's Day present I could have asked for. Caleb started cruising. He took his first steps while holding onto the couch and chasing after my cell phone. He just loves that thing and wants to eat it! Not quite as amazing, but cute nonetheless, during our nightly chat with Memaw Caleb was giving himself kisses in the mirror. Andrew caught both of these events on video, and after trying for at least an hour to upload them to this post, I'm just going to post the links to the videos on photobucket. Again, these are from a cell phone, but this time it was Andrew's phone, so the quality should be a bit better.

Kisses

First Steps

No comments: