My Fingers Hurt

"What's that?"


What does Happy Gilmore have to do with this post? Well, my fingers hurt from putting together all the new IKEA furniture that we bought for Caleb's playroom. I had forgotten that all of their pieces require the use of a tiny Allen wrench which beats the crap out of your fingers after assembling three huge (okay two semi-large and one small) pieces of IKEA furniture. Oh well, it looks great and perhaps even more importantly we no longer have toys strewn about the entire downstairs portion of our house. Whaddya think?
Now, don't go feeling too sorry for my poor fingers. We actually had a very nice family weekend. I feel like I haven't been able to enjoy family time for quite a while what with having to write and defend a dissertation this semester. So it was an extra-special weekend for me. Saturday morning we went to the zoo where we checked out the animals including mommy's favorite, the zebras.
Daddy looking at the zebras, while Caleb looks at mommy.

We happened to run into our friends Karina and Dave and their baby girl Grace. Karina snapped an adorable picture of Caleb who reached out for the camera at just the right moment.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hey Becki! I'm finally getting around to leaving a comment. That is a lot of toy storage space! Hopefully you won't fill them up too quickly. Charlotte only has one of the medium sized bins full of toys... Thanks for your comments on my blog! I love comments too. I know what you mean about the teething. I don't think she's ever actually going to get a tooth. Good job on the almost crawling!

Becki said...

Thanks for the comment, Erin. Just wanted to mention that Caleb doesn't have much of the toy storage filled either. We could probably fit everything into one of the medium sized bins, but my husband has everything organized by type of toy (i.e. soft and cuddly, hard teething type toys, etc). He even reorganized the books on the bookshelf so that they're in order of descending height. I can't wait until he discovers that this system makes no sense to Caleb!