Our nephew, Nick, has been the only child in our lives for the last three years, and we've enjoyed all the time we've been able to spend with him even though we live so far away. Our visits to see him last fall are the reason that Andrew decided he was ready to have one of his own. For about a year now, Aunt Becki and Uncle Andrew have been the hit of the party with him. I will never forget the first time I heard him say "Aunt Becki." It almost brings tears to my eyes thinking about it, and I know that the first time I hear "Mommy" it will be another unforgettable moment.
I just had to relay this story from Pop Pop because I got such a kick out of reading it.
"Nick is being Nick. Loves playing the 'Peanut' game GranB found for him. Object of the games is to collect as many peanuts at the circus as you go around the game board. He has gotten use to counting the pips on the die and is fairly good with moving his man around the board, he just always counts the space his piece is on as 'one' when he starts to move. He handles lossing a turn and giving back a peanut just fine when the space says so. The only thing is at the end of the game although he will recognize you got more peanuts than him, he'll tell you 'Nick won.' Oh yes, other important rules, he goes first and he assigns the colored men to everyone who is playing."
These are the moments I'm looking forward to in the years to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment