Mommy Group Meetup

So, Caleb and I have joined a mommy group so that we'll have places to go and people to see on our days together. I had been going stir crazy and feeling like we do the same things day after day on my days off. There are only so many times that you can bat toys around on the floor and go for walks around the block before you start to go nuts! So, I was referred to a great website, and there I found the most perfect mommy group just for babies (and mommies) born in Fall 2008. So far there are 17 moms in the group. Today I met up with 5 other moms at the zoo. We walked around and hung out outside for nearly three hours. It was great for me to meet some new people in the area, especially moms who I can bounce ideas off of and share my own experiences. It is great for Caleb because he doesn't get any baby interaction since he's not in daycare. So it works out for us all. I had a blast today, and I'm incredibly excited for our future meetup events. I hope this is the start of some great new friendships for myself and Caleb!

No comments: